homepagethe photographerthe detailspricingcontact info

Monday, February 27, 2012

Newborn & Baby Studio - Photographer Raleigh

Many photographers in the Raleigh area that photograph newborns and maternity work exclusively on-location, meaning they don't have a dedicated studio space. Because studio rental space is not cheap many photographers can not afford the overhead of their own studio.  I am very blessed to have extra space in my home that I have been able to convert into a studio and office. Having a dedicated space is important to me because it provides my clients with options.  If they are more comfortable in their own home and would rather not drag baby out, I can pack up my stuff and become a portable studio. However if they'd rather not have someone come into their home and set up shop, they can come to my in-home studio. About 75% of my clients choose to come to me, which says a lot.  Most people seem to prefer studio based photographers.

My studio is located in a development near the intersection of Ten Ten Rd & Holly Springs Rd. We have often been referred to as living in the "Bermuda Triangle of Raleigh" Our mailing address is Apex,NC however we technically reside in and pay taxes to Cary, NC.  We are about 10 miles from downtown Apex but can practically touch the city borders of Holly Springs & Raleigh. Not sure why they chose to map the area so strangely?


This morning I took a few photos of my new and improved studio and office space. I am so happy and so much more productive in my new workspace. Within my studio I now have an area dedicated to newborn photography, a few places I use for maternity photos and many options for baby photography.
I have several different canvas backdrops for boys and girls, and an area with a large backdrop for shooting families.



My office has moved upstairs right off the studio. The office is spacious and allows me so much flexibility. I can have a desk with my baby (27inch iMac) for displaying session slideshows, a comfy couch for parents to relax in, breastfeed baby,etc. during the session and another area for sitting and viewing all my albums and products during the photo ordering session. There is even a large closet to store my packaging materials and display items. Within the office is a full bathroom for clients to change and for the one year olds to wash up in after they've made a mess smashing their birthday cake. Best of all I have decorated the office in my logo colors browns and blues.




No comments:

Post a Comment