homepagethe photographerthe detailspricingcontact info

Friday, May 20, 2011

Photography Lesson - Raleigh Photography Class

Yesterday I spent the afternoon teaching Tim G how to improve his photography. Tim was the first winner in our photography question/answer contest. He submitted a great question here
and was randomly selected in the drawing for a one on one lesson.

We had such a good time. Our first lesson was on how to work his camera (first I had to teach myself as he shoots with a Nikon and I'm a Canon girl). Once we mastered all the buttons on his camera we went over some basic photography tips and his biggest feat of the day getting out of Program mode (automatic mode). We got him away from using his in-camera flash and by the end of the two hours he was taking GREAT photos.
Here's a few I snapped with my camera during the session.

Tim practicing on baby Jackson. I set Jackson up 45 degrees to the windows in their sunroom to explain how to get away from using the flash




We went over shooting from different angles


Shooting by the rule of thirds (positioning your subject)


Catchlights! How to make the eyes sparkle



And filling the frame, zooming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment